Well my bags are almost packed! My husband has stressed me out about having my hospital bag ready at approximately 32 – 33 weeks. He was convinced we would go into early labor (too early labor…men have no idea until they have gone through this once that the lucky, safe number is 37 weeks). Anyhow, I finally purchased and packed up the items I think are critical during our stay minus a few last minute things I hopefully have time to throw in the suitcase.
Here is what I included…
1. Baby coming home outfit (1 outfit that is newborn size and 1 that is 0 – 3 months…we don’t know how small or big she may be).
2. Mommy coming home outfit…maternity top with a choice of black sweat pants or black sweat capri’s (not trying to look fancy here).
3. Flip-flops for potential walking/laboring at hospital. Also will be handy for showers at hospital.
4. Breast-feeding Bravado brand tank top…only one for now, they are $50 per tank top. With an already busty top-half the Target brands just wouldn’t provide the support my “twins” need!
5. Two pairs of new pajamas! I LOVE pajamas. I purchased one set that has a top and bottom. Although the top doesn’t have buttons (needed for easy breast feeding) it has an elastic area that is easy to pull down. I also purchased a cute one piece night gown…normally NOT my style however, several mom’s told me that if I have a c-section or tear bad “down there” it will be easier and more comfortable to not have bottoms on. Best prices and variety at Marshalls!
6. Granny panties! Purchased a box from Motherhood Maternity that have a fold down (in case of c-section) and another set from Marshalls that is a soft material with no tough elastic.
7. Pads…it is a sad thing but after 9 months of no period I have been informed I will bleed after birth, like a period, for potentially weeks. And although the hospital supplies pads I have heard mixed reviews on them so I purchased a small box.
8. Nipple cream and breast pads.
9. The Moby Wrap! I have heard this thing is a life saver but a bit complicated to use. The hospital told us if we bring it with us a lactation specialist will show us how to wrap it correctly!
10. Toiletries ranging from travel sized shampoo/conditioner, face wash, tooth brush etc.
11. Husband’s clothing items…”swishy” pants, two t-shirts, boxers and socks.
Still needed…lap top, cell phone charger, camera, video camera, magazines, and snacks! Oh and my birthing ball!! It isn’t packed because I am using it now, but it will be coming along!!
Did I miss anything important?!